Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Luke's Lobster


Luke's Lobster
93 E. 7th Street, New York, NY 10009
(212) 444-8395


Seafood.  My kryptonite.  So when I heard about this little place, I wanted to give this little joint a try.  Luke's Lobster is tightly sandwiched between Caracas Arepa Bar and it's take-out counterpart.  I passed by Luke's so many times while going to Caracas, but never seemed to notice it.  In terms of decor it's really cute - with a wooden lawn chair by the entrance and all sorts of seamen (ha!) attire and fishing equipment and decoration inside.

After a day of feasting, when we got to Luke's Lobster, my friend and I decided to each get a snack size lobster roll.  The lobster meat was extremely fresh and sweet.  The seasoning was right on - the typical lobster roll works.  The meat was piled into a New England hot dog bun, which was lightly, but perfectly toasted and skimmed with a light coat of butter.  I could eat the bun by itself anytime and I'm not even a bread person.  All in all the lobster roll was good.  But good enough for $14 a roll?  Perhaps, but it left me wanting more although my wallet refused to budge.  -5/28/10

OVERALL RATING: * * 1/2
FOOD: * * * 1/2
SERVICE: * * * *
AMBIANCE: * * *
VALUE: * *

Pros:
  • Very fresh seafood
  • Fast, friendly service
Cons: 
  • Not very good value - you don't get as much as you expect
  • Expect to leave hungry

Suggestions:
  • Stop by Luke's for a tasty snack - not for a filling meal

2 comments: