Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cupcake Stop

Cupcake Stop
Location and Hours vary


Food trucks are so much fun to chase and taste.  There's just something so rugged and New York about them.  So, when my awesome college suitemates and I randomly spotted the Cupcake Stop truck I was overly ecstatic - even though within the last hour I had downed a red-bean ice cream drink, an entire seafood rice casserole, and bubble tea.  I'm not going to lie - I was pretty disappointed with this truck.  We got the Red Velvet and also the Peanut Butter & Jelly cupcake.  The Red Velvet cupcake was probably one of the worst red velvet cupcakes I've had.  It's not so bad that it makes you want to spit it up, but bad enough that if it's your first time having red velvet cake, you wouldn't be a big fan anything red velvet.  The frosting was icing (not the cream cheese kind you normally get with red velvet cake) that tasted like it was the kind you get in a container at the market.  The cake was weak in flavor tasting very "flour-y".  The cake texture was overly moist and flat, almost mushy.  The Peanut Butter & Jelly cupcake was really sweet.  It was topped off with a thick layer of home-made peanut butter frosting and filled with jelly.  The cake was kind of dry (at least the part that wasn't smothered in jelly).  My friend pointed out that they probably incorporated some peanut butter into the cake batter which dried it out. 

I guess one in every how many carts/trucks, there comes along a not-so-tasty one and I think I've finally encountered it.  However, to be fair, the one thing I did appreciate about the Cupcake Stop was that they offered mini cupcakes, which is a pretty nice option when you need a tiny sugar fix and don't feel like taking on a regular sized cupcake.  -11/28/09

OVERALL RATING: * 1/2
FOOD: *
SERVICE: *
AMBIANCE: N/A
VALUE: * *

PROS:
  • They have mini cupcakes - convenient for those who next a tiny sugar fix
CONS:
  • Disappointing cake taste and texture
SUGGESTIONS:
  • N/A

    No comments:

    Post a Comment