Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Aurora

Aurora 
510 Broome Sreet, New York, NY 10013 
(212) 334-9020 
Mon.-Thu. 12pm-11pm; Fri. 12pm-12am; Sat. 11am-12am; Sun. 11am-11pm


My friend picked Aurora for her birthday brunch and she seemed to have picked a good place.  The restaurant itself was very quaint with a rustic, country feel to it, surrounded by brick walls and wooden chairs and benches.  They seemed to have a wide selection of dishes on their different menus (brunch, lunch, dinner, dessert) with some prix fixe options.  I ordered the Irish Smoked Salmon Plate with a Soft Egg from the prix fixe menu, which also came with coffee/tea and a cocktail.  I got exactly what I had expected.  Lots of warm, smoked salmon topped with a perfectly poached egg.    The salmon was slightly on the salty side, making it hard to take down by itself.  It was strange though that the dish didn't come with its own serving of bread.  I had to take the sesame bread from our table bread basket to balance out the saltiness of the salmon.  The egg was nice.  It was leaky enough to add a nice creamy texture to the salmon but not so leaky that it spilled over everything.  I was actually pretty surprised at how full I was once I finished my food and this is coming from someone who has an insatiable appetite - enough to occassionally toss back a breakfast, lunch, two dinners, dessert(s), and maybe a coffee (yes, all in one day and no, I am not pregnant - ha!).  The cocktail I got, a Cosmo Sparkler,  was delicious - it made me want to break into a Sex and the City role-play.  The Cosmo Sparkler was made of Prosecco, Cointreau, lime juice, and cranberry juice.  It wasn't too weak nor too strong and was pleasantly sweet.  Overall, I had a good experience at Aurora (Soho).  Our waitress was really friendly and checked on our table several times to see if we needed anything.  The ambiance was cute and very relaxed. -11/14/09

OVERALL RATING: * * *
FOOD: * * 1/2
SERVICE: * * * 1/2
AMBIANCE: * * * *
VALUE: * * 1/2

PROS:
  • Tasty sesame bread
  • Friendly service
  • Good cocktails (not too weak, not too strong)
CONS:
  •  N/A
SUGGESTIONS:
  • Cosmo Sparkler

No comments:

Post a Comment